When joining this group, you are accepting full responsibility for yourself during meetups. Outdoor Adventure Girls UK and the meetup event organiser does not accept responsibility for your safety. When attending or organising meetups do your research and build in a safety strategy for yourself and others.
Where possible, please try to car share for meetups, so we can avoid overcrowding in car parks and lower our emissions as a community. Remember to protect our planet, take home what you bring with you and leave no trace.
And please familiarise yourself with the Countryside Code. The Countryside Code for visitors is your guide to visiting the countryside. You must follow the signs in the countryside that tell you where you can go and who can use the right of way. You can read more here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-countryside-code.
When attending Outdoor Adventure Girls meetups or events, you agree that photography and videography may be captured for use on the OAG social media channels, website, and/or for marketing purposes. If you would like to opt out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outdoor Adventure Girls will store personal data, when it is submitted to us for events and/or marketing purposes. It will not be shared with anyone else and you have the right to access, update or remove any information we hold about you. Please contact email@example.com for any of the above.
We are committed to complying with GDPR law and at Outdoor Adventure Girls, we aim to ensure:
- all personal information that is provided to us is kept safely and securely.
- data is accurate and kept up to date, and removed when no longer necessary.
- any processing is lawful, fair and necessary for a specific purpose e.g. event attendance.
If the weekend is cancelled by us due to circumstances either in or out of our control, you are entitled to a full refund (this includes if we go into lockdown because of the pandemic). If you need to cancel your place on the trip in the four weeks prior to the trip taking place, you will receive a 50% refund of the total amount paid. If you need to cancel your place on the retreat in any less time than 4 weeks before the retreat taking place, you will not receive a refund.
Enjoy the outdoors!
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at SOPHIE [AT] outdooradventuregirls [DOT] com if you wish to make a request.