It’s time to meet more of our team! This week, we caught up with one of our South East moderators, Emily Conroy, to find out what she most enjoys most about being out in the outdoors surrounded by the best group of adventure women. When community and nature collide, this provides Emily with her happy place.
What do you enjoy most about the outdoors?
The views, foraging, animals and nature. It’s great for my mental health too.
Why did you join Outdoor Adventure Girls?
To meet like minded girls, who want to go on outdoor adventures too. It’s hard to meet people when you work full time.
What are the benefits of being a moderator?
I wanted to push myself to do different things and joining OAG and becoming a moderator was all a part of it. Being a moderator I really feel like I’m a key part of this group and surrounded by supportive women!
What do you do for work?
Where are you based in the South East?
What are your top 5 tips for a hike?
1. Always take more water than you think you’ll need.
2. Using a paper map or guide book to follow your route is so much nicer that staring at your phone. It means you can really disconnect and enjoy your hike.
3. AllTrails is a great app to find new routes.
4. Snacks are key. Take all the snacks. I like a slice of Soreen malt loaf.
5. Layer up, typical British weather, it can go for sunshine to train pretty quick.
Is there anything else you’d like us to know?
I used to work as a cameleer and raced camels in Australia.