When the sun is out during the Summer months, what better than to get outside and go swimming – in the wild! If you fancy a new outdoor sport but don’t want to invest in all the gear, look no further than Wild Swimming.
What is wild swimming?
Wild swimming is simply swimming in natural outdoor spaces such as the sea, lakes or reservoirs. We have seen a rise over the years in individuals and groups wanting to explore the natural settings, whether it be a scenic waterfall setting for an Instagram pose or as an alternative exercise regime that includes a wellness aspect.
We’ve collated a list of the Best Wild Swimming spots in the UK for you to try out…
1. Bude Sea Pool, Cornwall, England
Location: Summerleaze Beach, Bude, EX23 8HN
2. Hampstead Heath Bathing Ponds, London, England
Location: Hampstead Heath, London, NW5 1QR
3. River Ouse, Buckinghamshire, England
Location: 4 Horn Ln, Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes MK11 1HZ
4. Fairy Pools, Isle of Skye, Scotland
Location: Glenbrittle, Isle of Skye, IV47 8TA
5. Grantchester Meadows, Cambridge, England
Location: Grantchester, Cambridge, CB3 9NE
6. Three Shires Head, Peak District
Location: The Axe Edge Moor Walk, SK11 0BQ
7. Llyn Padarn, Snowdonia National Park, Wales
Location: A4244, Caernarfon, LL55 3NP
8. Blue Lagoon, Pembrokeshire, Wales
Location: Abereiddy, Haverfordwest, SA62 6DT
9. West Beach, Berneray, Isles of Harris, Outer Hebrides
Location: Berneray, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5BD
10. River Barle, Simonsbath, Somerset, England
Location: Simonsbath, Minehead, TA24 7SH
To read more, visit Sophie’s Suitcase for the full list of other locations to visit.