7 DAYS | 22nd-28th April 2023
20 SPACES AVAILABLE
- Explore lunar landscapes, incredible rock formations and sand dunes whilst soaking up the vast silence of the desert.
- Visit the amazing landscapes of Petra, Wadi Rum, Madaba, Mukawir and the surrounding area of the Dead Sea
- Stay in Petra visiting the famous Treasury and Monastery, with hike and time to explore on your own
- Stay in a Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum, sleeping under the stars in a traditional accommodation
- Experience the Dead Sea and cover yourself in it’s magical mud.
- Support local women and learn about their traditions
From 2023, Outdoor Adventure Girls is offering bespoke travel tours for their 12,000 members. The international trips will focus on outdoor adventure, pushing guests out of their comfort zone and creating incredible connections in some of the most-sought after bucket list destinations on Earth. The tours will allow you to travel with like-minded travellers, in a small group, to destinations that may not be as easy to explore on your own, or as a woman.
For this OAG Overseas tour, we are heading to the amazing country of Jordan. It is home to a stunning landscapes, historical and cultural treasures and the lowest point on Earth.
It is home to the famous archaeological site of Petra, set in a narrow valley with tombs, temples and monuments carved into the surrounding pink sandstone cliffs. This bucket list experience is one of the most amazing stops on this tour, alongside a visit to the remote Wadi Rum desert and even a chance to go swimming in the Dead Sea.
All of this and more is why I am so excited to take you here in 2023.
*Please note this itinerary is subject to change.
– Arrival in Amman
– Empowerment workshop with the group
– Welcome meeting
– Spend the morning on an Amman city walking tour followed by lunch to try local food
– Afternoon visit to the Jerash Roman Ruins
Destination: Wadi Rum
– We rise early and drive to the rugged sandstone mountains of Wadi Rum (approximately 4 hours)
– Join a jeep safari in the Wadi Rum desert
– Meet local Bedouin women and learn the ancient art of henna
– Sleep under the stars at a Bedouin camp
– Move on to the famous Petra
– Enjoy a full day guided tour of Petra
– Experience Petra by Night (optional)
– Morning group hike up to the Monastery (approx. 10km)
– Afternoon includes free time to explore Petra further, with optional visit to Little Petra
Destination: Dead Sea
– Drive (approx. 3 hr) to the Dead Sea for swimming and some time to relax
– Farewell dinner
– Wake up and check out
– Departure day from Amman airport
Our accommodation for the trip will be an array of 4* hotels in Amman, Petra and Wadi Rum. We have decided to include premium accommodation options for this tour and we are really excited to offer you a chance to stay at some of the most amazing hotels in Jordan.
We have carefully chosen the accommodation to maximise your experience on this bucket list trip, particularly when it comes to the stay at the desert camp!
*You will be sharing a room with another guest, in a room with twin beds, with an ensuite. Rooms will be allocated randomly, unless specified otherwise.
EARLY BIRD PRICE: £1,700 per person (if booked before 31 January 2023)
£1,750 per person including all as stated above and must be booked via Intrepid Travel.
Included: 6-nights in premium 4* accommodation (including a desert camp stay), 2 x dinners, 6 x breakfasts, 2 x lunches, all activities listed above in the itinerary and return transfers to and from Amman airport.
Not included: flights, visas, tips for guides, travel insurance or any other food or drink outside of stated meals above.
It is the attendees responsibility to have the appropriate travel insurance for this trip. It is compulsory for all guests to have travel insurance. Please let us know you have appropriate travel insurance before the trip.
Flights are not included as we wanted to give you the option of where to fly from. As a guide, there are direct flights to Jordan from Heathrow at £350 and indirect flights for £250.
Intrepid Travel are on hand to help you throughout the booking process and can book flights for you if required.
To book your spot, get in touch with Intrepid Travel and use reference ‘OAG Jordan’.
To secure your place on this tour, the deposit is £200 per person. To book please email TailorMadeUK@intrepidtravel.com or Contact the Intrepid Team on 0808 274 5111.
Simply inform Intrepid you would like to book onto the Outdoor Adventure Girls Jordan tour, and they will send you a payment link where you can pay your £200 deposit.
You can read the terms and conditions via the trip itinerary PDF.
ABOUT INTREPID TRAVEL
I have teamed up with Intrepid Travel to help host our OAG Overseas trips. They are experts in group travel with over 30 years’ experience, and most importantly they are a B Corp, meaning responsible travel has always been at the core of what they do. Travelling with Intrepid means not just better trips for you, it’s better for local communities, better for wildlife and better for the planet. Read more about their Foundation here.